User Guide – Fall 2018
Overview of the Dashboard
The Genius Dashboard is where you will access courses and manage your course records.
Step 1: Go to the Academy of Peer Services: https://www.academyofpeerservices.org.
- If you are not already logged in, click Log in (upper right button) and follow the steps.
- If you are already logged in, click Dashboard (upper right button).
Step 2: Review the Navigation bar that appears on the left side of the screen.
Your username and role (Learner) are in the top block. Use Logout to exit the Academy of Peer Services. The Navigation buttons below will give you access to the different features. You will click:
- Dashboard to view the status of courses you are taking.
- Register for Course to select courses to take.
- Withdraw from Course if you change your mind about taking a course you have registered to take.
- Print Transcript for a list of all of the courses you have completed (Core, Elective, and Supervision).
- Edit Account to change your password.
Step 3: With the Dashboard clicked, review the windows for Active Courses and Completed Courses.
- To start a course or take a test, you will click one of the Active Courses.
- To print the certificate for a course, you will click one of the Completed Courses.
If you have not registered for or completed any courses, these windows will be blank.
Step 4: In the middle section of the Dashboard, review the Learning Path.
The Learning Path is a blue block that appears below the Active and Completed Courses. It lists required (Core) courses and your progress for each course. Courses needed to complete the Learning Path appear in the Pending Courses window on the left side.
When all of the required courses have been successfully completed, a Download button appears so that you can print the Master Certificate.
You will submit the master certificate with your application to the New York Peer Specialist Certification Board when you apply for certification. Be sure to check the application process on their website for all of the required elements: http://nypeerspecialist.org/
Step 4: In the bottom section of the Dashboard, review the Status and Statistics information. Several charts report on your completion status, activity level, average time it took to complete courses and more.
Next you will learn how to register for courses.
<< Return to Main Guide >>
Need help? Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org