October 10 Is World Mental Health Day (Courtesy The Key Update)
The World Health Organization’s theme for World Mental Health Day 2021 (October 10) is “Mental health care for all: let’s make it a reality.”
- To read more about the WHO’s suggestions, click here.
- For WikiHow’s ideas about how to celebrate World Mental Health Day, click here.
- For the WHO’s 296-page “Guidance on Community Mental Health Services: Promoting Person-centered and Rights-based Approaches” (courtesy of Janet Paleo), published in the September 2021 Key Update, click here.
- For a WHO press release–“New WHO Guidance Seeks to Put an End to Human Rights Violations in Mental Health Care,” from the July Key Update, click here.
- For “Former UN Special Rapporteur Denounces ‘Global Psychiatry’s Crisis of Values,’” from the June 2021 Key Update, click here.
- For “World Mental Health Day: Prioritize Social Justice, Not Only Access to Care,” click here.